Sarnia Arts & Crafts Club
Plein Air Painting Competition
Tuesday 20th June, 2017
The Sarnia Arts & Crafts Club invites artists over the age of 16 to take part in our Plein Air Painting Competition to take place on Tuesday 20th June, 2017.
Entrants must bring their chosen media (canvas/board/paper etc.) to the Aquarium end of La Vallette Walk from 9.30am to 10am on Tuesday 20th June where it will be officially stamped and their entry fee of £5 (£3 for Sarnia Arts & Crafts Club members) will be taken. Whilst entrants can have more than one media stamped at £5 (£3 for Sarnia Arts & Crafts Club members) each, only one finished piece per person can be submitted for judging.
They are then free to go to any vantage point within the designated area* and paint any outdoor composition they choose. Finished entries must then be brought to the St. Martins Community Centre on the same day between 4.45pm an 5.30pm. No late entries will be accepted. The entries will be judged by a panel of judges on Wednesday 21st June and a winner chosen who will receive £100 and have their name inscribed on the Sarnia Arts & Crafts Club Plein Air Trophy which they may keep for one year (in the event of a non local artist winning, the trophy must remain in Guernsey). Entries will be on display at the St. Martins Community Centre on Wednesday 21st June from 7.30pm to 9pm where the winner will be announced. All entries must be collected from here at 9pm on that day.
We look forward to welcoming artists of all skills to take part in this exciting competition.
Come along and get involved.
*Designated Area: La Vallette Walk, from the Octopus Restaurant to Clarence Battery
Rules for Competing
1. Application is open to all artists aged 16 years and over.
2. A non-refundable fee of £5 (£3 for Sarnia Arts & Crafts Club members) per media must be paid at registration.
3. Only one entry per person can be submitted for judging.
4. Artists are permitted to work from any outdoor vantage point within the designated area: La Vallette Walk, from the Octopus Restaurant to Clarence Battery.
5. Works must be completed within the competition time and finished entries brought to St. Martins Community Centre between 4.45pm and 5.30pm on Tuesday 20th June. No late entries will be accepted. The judges’ decision is final.
6. The winner will receive £100 and have their name inscribed on the Sarnia Arts & Crafts Club Plein Air Trophy which they may keep for one year (in the event of a non local artist winning, the trophy must remain in Guernsey).
7. Any media (canvas/board/paper etc.) can be used.
8. Media must be brought to the starting point at the Aquarium end of La Vallette Walk from 9.30am to 10am on Tuesday 20th June where it will be officially stamped. Only officially stamped entries can be submitted for judging.
9. Any media size to be no bigger than 70cm x 70cm.
10. Artists must bring appropriate clothing and coverage to allow for any conditions. In the event of extreme weather conditions the organisers reserve the right to cancel the competition.
11. Artists are personally responsible for their work and arranging their own transit and personal liability insurance throughout the competition.
12. All participants must accept being filmed/photographed by local media and competition organisers. Images may be used for promotion on the organiser’s website, social media and future competitions. Results of the artists’ works may also be used for promotional purposes by the organisers.
13. By entering this competition the artist understands and agrees to abide by the rules above and enters into this competition at his/her own risk. The organisers are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to artists or their belongings at any time during this event.
Tel: 07781 104105
Tel: 07781 132644
Lynne Wood - Tel: 248645
Ann Hunt - Tel: 247114
Sheila Morris - Tel: 723360